Privacy and Security Policy
Otte Oil & Propane understands that the security of your business and/or personal information is important to you. Whenever you submit business and/or personal identifiable information through our site, you will be doing so through our secure server. Although it is necessary for us to collect certain information, we respect and protect your right to privacy. The following policy is designed to answer any questions and concerns you may have regarding your privacy and the security of your information.
What information do we collect and how?
- Contact us inquiries: Individuals interested in contacting Otte Oil & Propane for more information may provide business and/or personal information when using the Contact Us Form on our website. Any information provided will not be shared or disseminated except as noted below:
- Cookies: Cookies are bits of electronic information placed over the Internet onto your computer. A cookie assigns a unique tracking number to each computer accessing our site, which enables us to recognize and keep track of each user, so we can tailor information for you. However, we will not store personal information about you or your finances using cookies. Cookies are standard on the Internet and utilized by most websites whether you are aware of it or not. However, if you wish, most browsers can be set to prevent cookies or to notify you when one is being placed.
- Data collection and reporting service: At this time, we do not utilize or transmit any of your information to data collection or reporting services.
- Server logs: In an effort to make our site as effective as possible, the computers that operate the site may collect certain information each time you visit the site and store these statistics in server logs. These statistics do not identify the specific user, but will give us information regarding the type of user who is accessing the site and certain browsing activities of that user. Information collected in this way includes the IP address of the user accessing our site (i.e. the unique ID number of the user’s computer), the type of browser (Internet Explorer, Firefox, etc.) and operating system (system software) used to access our site, the website the user last visited before linking to our site, how long the user accessed our site in any given session, and the date and time of access. We may make extensive use of these non-personally identifiable aggregated data in order to understand how our site is being used and will share them with advertisers, sponsors, investors, strategic partners, and others in order to develop, promote, and expand our business.
Links to third-party sites
This website may contain links to third-party sites. These links are provided for convenience and informational purposes and are not controlled by Otte Oil & Propane, nor is the content monitored by Otte Oil & Propane. Connection to any linked site is at your own risk.
Is there any other way that user information might be disclosed?
Otte Oil & Propane may disclose information in order to comply with a subpoena, court order, administrative or governmental order, or any other requirement of law, or when Otte Oil & Propane, in its sole discretion, deems it necessary in order to protect the safety of any person or the public. Other than as described in this Privacy and Security Policy, we will not share or disclose your information to anyone.
How we protect your information
Otte Oil & Propane is committed to protecting the information we receive from you. Only those Employees who need access to your information in order to perform their duties are allowed such access. Any Employee who violates our privacy and/or security policies may be subject to disciplinary action, including possible termination and civil and/or criminal prosecution.
* Please note: This Privacy and Security Policy covers our website (www.otteoil.com). Please check the privacy and security policies of the website you are visiting since activities of Otte Oil & Propane in connection with other co-branded websites may be subject to different privacy and security policies.
Terms and Conditions
Because the Terms and Conditions can be different for each residential and commercial customer, we suggest that you call our office at (402) 785-2365 for details regarding your agreement and/or to obtain your copy of your individualized agreement with Otte Oil & Propane.